The estimate is provided according to the knowledge and experience of Officine Cazzago Giacomo’s technicians. For the sake of transparency, it would be desirable to review the estimate at the end of the co-engineering session, as there may be changes related to the mould which may lead to an incresase or decrease in the quoted price.
Redesign of the Part: in the event that redesign of the part is required, this shall be quoted separately. Study, Mould Co-engineering and Consultancy: they are quoted up to a maximum of 8 hours at the price of € 55.00 per hour; excess hours shall be quoted separately.
Mould design: the 3D mould design and the Mould Manual remain the property of Officine Cazzago Giacomo srl. They will be sent upon delivery of the mould and for the customer’s internal use only.
Filling Simulation: the first simulation is free of charge. Should more be needed, they shall be quoted and agreed upon separately.
Mould Materials and Heat Treatments:
– Mould holder: standard supply in steel 1.1730, if required in 1.2311/12 the quoted price of the mould varies by + 8% of the estimated cost.
– Moulding unit: standard supply in steel 1.2343, if required in 1.2344 the price of the mould increases by + 8%, if steel 1.2367 or similar is required the price of the mould varies by +15%.
– Standard heat treatment (hardening + 3 temperings with hardness Hrc 46-48) is included in the estimate. – Any nitriding, carbonitriding or CVD, PVD and Plasma spray coating treatments shall be quoted separately.
Deburring mould materials: Mould holder 1.1730 blanking parts 1.2343 (hardened and tempered to 52- 55Hrc).
Standard parts included:
– Various commercial screws, in class 8.8, 10.9, 12.9, depending on application.
– Standard case-hardened and ground columns and bushes in UNI 16NiCr4 steel.
– Special or rectangular columns and bushes to be quoted separately.
– Standard nitrided cylindrical head ejectors (black type) according to DIN 1530 in steel 1.2343/44 with surface hardness HV0.3 950 Vickers and tempering resistance min. 600°C. Any other type of ejectors shall be quoted separately.
– Cores for moulding parts according to DIN1530 in steel 1.2343/44 hardened and tempered to 42-44Hrc and not nitrided. Any surface treatments to be quoted and agreed upon.
– Standard hydraulic cylinders (manufactured at Officine Cazzago Giacomo srl), other types and brands of actuators shall be agreed and quoted.
– Limit switches, being of countless types, brands and requirements of the Foundry, shall be agreed and quoted separately or provided by the customer.
– Standard fittings and extensions are not included, while those specific to the mould shall be included.
Housings for vacuum valves, chill vents and outlet channels shall be quoted separately unless expressly requested at the estimate stage.
Changes in the works: upon completion of the mould design stage, any changes and variations required in the works shall be quoted and agreed upon separately.
Mould sampling: the first mould sampling service is free of charge; any excess service shall be quoted and agreed upon separately if due to carelessness, distraction, incorrect manoeuvres and unstable process parameters.
Three-dimensional surveys: unless expressly requested at the estimate stage, they shall be quantified separately.
Mould set-up: given that the mould will be designed with an agreed casting shrinkage (0.6%), all measurements of the mould that are found to be out of tolerance at a temperature of 20°C are the responsibility of Officine Cazzago Giacomo srl. Measurements on the casting (length, diameter, localization, flatness, concentricity, etc.) that are found to be out of tolerance and require “deformation” of the mould components shall be quoted separately.